But unless these additional years bring with them a good quality of life the desire for longevity can become a double edged sword. In this workshop, we will observe various cultures around the globe who experience higher than normal life expectancies and examine factors that make them unique.
We will also explore the ageing process with an emphasis on telomeres, DNA and the positive effects that intermittent fasting can have on health and longevity. The morning will finish with a relaxing mindfulness session.
Who is this for?
Anyone interested in learning ways to promote a healthy and meaningful later life.
SATURDAY 28TH JULY
9AM - 6PM
- Arrive from 9am
- 9.30-10.45am – Welcome & workshop with Sue Davis on ageing including methods you can adopt to give yourself the best chance of achieving a healthy life in later years.
- 10.45am-11.00am - Break
- 11.00am-12.15pm - Mindfulness Session, comfortable loose clothing recommended
- Enjoy a 40 minute spa treatment – choose either a Lifehouse Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage or Illuminating Facial
- 2 course Buffet Lunch
- Full use of spa facilities, gym & gardens
- Free use of towels & bathrobes
- Lifehouse flip flops to take home
- Depart at 6pm
Start your day right – add pre-booked breakfast to your spa day for only £10pp, reduced from £15!†