This ‘how to spa’ guide will help you make the most out of your stay so do read the advice given below and, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
- Don’t over pack! Your stay at Lifehouse is a time to relax and forget your worries, so try to keep things simple by packing light. Do remember to bring a bathing costume or two!
- We provide complimentary slippers and free use of a robe during your stay as we want you to feel completely at ease and comfortable. It is your choice whether to dress for breakfast or lunch or stay in your robe, but we do ask you to dress smart casual for dinner.
- If you have made a booking for 6 guests or more, please contact us and we can help schedule your visit to ensure that all members of your party get the most from their stay.
- Our team is made up of highly qualified male and female therapists who are here to make you feel relaxed. If you have a specific preference, please let us know when booking your treatments.
- Please arrive at Spa Reception 10 minutes before your treatment appointment so that we can dedicate the right amount of time to you.
- Leave plenty of time between each treatment so you can relax in our Chill lounge and have refreshments.
- It is best not to wear any jewellery, apart from a wedding or engagement ring, as your therapist will ask you to remove it before your treatment starts and we would not want anything precious to go missing.
- Drink plenty of water after your treatments and throughout the day to keep your body well hydrated.
- To get maximum benefit from your body treatments we recommend that you use our thermal suite, such as our relaxing sauna, steam room and salt room, prior to your treatment to help relax your muscles, open your pores and to start unwinding.
- If you plan to exercise then fit this in before any treatments, as opposed to afterwards, so that you can gain the full relaxing benefits of your treatment.
- If you feel like taking a nap, then allow yourself time to close your eyes and really recharge your batteries. We have a wonderful Relaxation Room which you can find upstairs near the treatment rooms.
- The spa is a technology-free zone allowing you to escape from the stress and speed of daily life, so please no mobile phones or tablets in our treatment rooms or Relaxation Room.
- Make the most of your stay by getting out into our beautiful listed gardens for some fresh air to ensure you leave with the best possible after-spa glow! There are garden maps and guided garden walks on certain days of the week – just ask at Spa Reception for more details.
- At Lifehouse we have a restaurant, bar and spa cafe. Our restaurant, though relaxed and informal, is waiter service, and in order to give you the best possible service we do ask that you reserve a table for both lunch and dinner.
- While you are at Lifehouse, we want you to be able to escape from the world. So generally we like to be a mobile phone, blackberry and electronic device free area! But we know it’s also important for you to be able to stay in touch with home or work while you’re away so all our bedrooms have free Wi-Fi access and there is a computer available to use if you need to.
- We ask you to please respect the privacy of other guests and not take any photographs in our spa area.
- We want you to really enjoy your time at Lifehouse. However, we would ask you to please respect the peace and tranquillity at Lifehouse and not disturb other guests with overly noisy or disruptive behaviour.
- If we consider that any guest’s behaviour is inappropriate or likely to cause harm or impair the enjoyment or safety of any other guest or member of staff, we may ask them to leave. In these circumstances, no refunds or compensation will be given and we reserve the right to refuse any future bookings from guests who do not follow our etiquette.
If you have any medical conditions
Many of our Spa Therapists have had specialist training from the NHS Christie Trust in personalising massage and facial treatments to suit those with cancer or in post-cancer recovery or recuperating after surgery or illness. Do please let us know if you have any medical conditions so that we can adjust your treatment to your specific requirements.
Please remember to remove your contact lenses before using the wet facilities.
If you are pregnant
We have a number of treatments suitable for pregnant guests but please let us know if there is anything specific you need during your time at Lifehouse.
If you do decide to visit Lifehouse during your first trimester you can enjoy treatments from the list below. These have been carefully selected with your safety and comfort in mind:
- Facials - Lifehouse 25 minute inclusive facial (Lovelife package treatments)
- Manicure - choose from our range of OPI Pedicure Treatments. Avoid if sensitive to nail polish/nail remover vapours.
- Pedicure - choose from our range of OPI Manicure Treatments. Avoid if sensitive to nail polish/nail remover vapours.
During your second & third trimester, you can choose from our specially designed maternity menu plus any of the treatments listed above.
Please note that the thermal spa area should not be used during any stage of pregnancy. This is because an unborn baby is unable to regulate its body temperature and any increase in your body heat may affect the flow of blood and nutrients to your baby. The thermal spa area includes the hydrotherapy pool, steam, sauna and salt inhalation rooms. The swimming pool is perfectly fine to use.
If you don’t mind, please advise how many weeks pregnant you are when you book your treatments and before visiting the Lifehouse Spa & Hotel so we can ensure that the correct treatments are reserved for you. For more information, please click here.
If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to ask us.
We hope you enjoy your Lifehouse Spa experience.